Lots of great links, including dev helper links and how computer programming has changed in 20 years
These links you MUST see!!!
- Deploy your side-projects at scale for basically nothing – Google Cloud Run – Alex Olivier | cloud native product manager in london
- How is computer programming different today than 20 years ago?
- /uses – A list of /uses pages detailing developer setups, gear, software and configs.
Very cool! I need to do this.
- All – Tiny Helpers
- React-spring visualizer, tweak your spring configuration
- Microsoft Will Contribute To OpenJDK
- Why Businesses Should Start Focusing on Google’s Flutter and Fuchsia
- Goodbye, Clean Code — Overreacted
Very good article! although, I think you really need to understand how to get "clean" code before you can drop it!
- GitHub – FormidableLabs/spectacle: ReactJS based Presentation Library
- More people would trust a robot than their manager
oh no, bad news for managers!!
- Istio as an Example of When Not to Do Microservices – Software Blog
It is interesting, everyone runs to microservices, but it truly doesn’t make sense in all cases, even hybrid (monolith with microservices) approaches may make more sense
- DuckDuckGo Traffic
maybe it is time to switch!
- John Feminella 🌠 on Twitter: "⏲️ As of today, we have about eighteen years to go until the Y2038 problem occurs"
yes, if you are predicting, don’t do it in 32 bit!
General topic links, they might fit in other categories, or multiple, or….
- Records Come to Java
- Programming the GPU in Java
- The Apple Archive
- How to Make a Raspberry Pi VPN Server
- Convert2Svg – A Simple Image To SVG Vector Converter
- JetBrains Mono: A free and open source typeface for developers | JetBrains: Developer Tools for Professionals and Teams
- GitHub – scana/ok-gradle: IntelliJ/Android Studio plugin for searching artifacts ids of popular Java libraries.
- New Fitbit app can tell Versa 2 users how much they (or their partners) snore
- GitHub – vesoft-inc/nebula: A distributed, fast open-source graph database featuring horizontal scalability and high availability
- GitHub – theonedev/onedev: Super Easy All-In-One DevOps Platform
- How Shopify Manages API Versioning and Breaking Changes – Shopify Engineering
- 7 CSS properties you had no idea about – DEV Community 👩💻👨💻
- Web Share API – Dillion’s Blog
- Google plans to kill off third-party cookies in Chrome ‘within 2 years’ – Digiday
- The Status of HTTP/3
- Upgrading to the new Microsoft Edge – Microsoft Edge Blog
The new browser, based on chromium
- Google to phase out user-agent strings in Chrome | ZDNet
- Understanding Async Await | CSS-Tricks
- Understanding CSS Grid: Grid Lines — Smashing Magazine
- Adding separators to layouts with CSS-in-JS – Pixel and Ink – Medium
- Pixels vs. Relative Units in CSS: why it’s still a big deal – 24 Accessibility
- Using HSL color representation in CSS | TSH.io
- An Introduction To React’s Context API — Smashing Magazine
- GitHub – enaqx/awesome-react: A collection of awesome things regarding React ecosystem
- Google Fonts by Tags
- How to copy to the clipboard using JS and the Clipboard API – Catalin Red
- New browser on the block: Flow – QuirksBlog
- GitHub – joshbuchea/HEAD: 🗿 A list of everything that *could* go in the head of your document
- Navigating the web with a gamepad
- The CSS Cascade – Or, How browsers resolve competing CSS styles
- Progressive Web Apps in 2020 – Maximiliano Firtman – Medium
- Announcing styled-components v5: Beast Mode 💪🔥 – 💅 styled-components – Medium
- Raw WebGPU
- 7.8.0 Released: ECMAScript 2020, .mjs configuration files and @babel/cli improvements · Babel
- Fixed Table Headers | Adrian Roselli
- CSS4 is here! – QuirksBlog
- 3D Folding Layout Technique for HTML Elements | Codrops
- Natural Language Processing for Web Developers – Towards Data Science
Some interesting links for the iOS developers out there
- Building Adaptive User Interfaces for iPhone and iPad – News – Apple Developer
- UIGestureRecognizer Tutorial: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com
Flutter is a cross platform framework, trying to cross the native mobile, web and desktop environments. My current choice for cross platform dev!
Ah, UX, important and interesting!
A list of links around node.js
- Microsoft spots malicious npm package stealing data from UNIX systems | ZDNet
- GitHub – sindresorhus/execa: Process execution for humans
The future of computing, private, public and hybrid!
- Chaos Mesh – Your Chaos Engineering Solution for System Resiliency on Kubernetes | TiDB
- Kubernetes for Full-Stack Developers, a self-guided course. | DigitalOcean
- How to Build a Complete Back End System with Serverless
A new way to see the world, augmented and virtual reality links
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Expects AR: ‘Will Pervade our Entire Lives’ – VRFocus
- My predictions for virtual reality in 2020 – The Ghost Howls
- Building an infinite procedurally generated VR game inspired by Adventure Time – Dev Diner
I know, Artificial Intelligence? Machine Learning? of course this is frontend…
- Why we’re writing machine learning infrastructure in Go, not Python
- Why TinyML is a giant opportunity | VentureBeat
- A crash intro into AI-powered object detection – Picterra
- Researchers: Are we on the cusp of an ‘AI winter’? – BBC News
- AI Can Do Great Things—if It Doesn’t Burn the Planet | WIRED
- Apple’s Latest Deal Shows How AI Is Moving Right Onto Devices | WIRED