Firefox OS is back as KaiOS and Nokia (HMD) has the phone for it, some interesting JS links including building a tree shaking utility and JS13k game entries
These links you MUST see!!!
- Contemporary Front-end Architectures – webf
- 2019 | Entries | js13kGames
- The emerging OS – KaiOS
So a while ago, Firefox started working on a mobile web based OS called Firefox OS (like chrome OS, but competing against Android and iOS). It eventually lost steam and died… until a descendant of it has now appeared called KaiOS, and Nokia (HMD) has a flip phone supporting it now
- JS features
search for JS features and when they came in
- McDonald’s is starting a tech division to automate drive thrus and we can’t even
General topic links, they might fit in other categories, or multiple, or….
- New Query Language for Graph Databases to Become International Standard – Neo4j Graph Database Platform
- A bot found a bug, and fixed the bug!
- The arrival of Java 13! | Oracle Java Platform Group, Product Management Blog
- Unveiling Dark – Darklang – Medium
- The Top Programming Languages 2019
- Why 0.1 + 0.2 === 0.30000000000000004: Implementing IEEE 754 in JS – YouTube
- It’s not wrong that "🤦🏼♂️".length == 7
- Google may be working on a wireless virtual reality glass for Stadia – MSPoweruser
- Firefox Reality 1.4 – firefox in VR
- Getting Started with Electron, Typescript, React and Webpack – Blog | SitePen
- GitHub – dylanaraps/pure-bash-bible: 📖 A collection of pure bash alternatives to external processes.
A list of good libraries, any language.
- Hide your header on scroll – Headroom.js
- css-camera – Add depth to your web page with CSS3 3D transform
- Open-sourcing our Node.js S2 library | Radar Blog
- Button Contrast Checker | Aditus | Free tool
- CSS Grid: illustrated introduction – DEV Community 👩💻👨💻
- Ghost Buttons with Directional Awareness in CSS | CSS-Tricks
- Two Browsers Walked Into a Scrollbar | Filament Group, Inc.
- (Why) Some HTML is "optional"
- Using the DOM like a Pro – ITNEXT
- New in Chrome 77 | Web | Google Developers
- React Rainbow Components
- Advanced Tutorial · Redux Starter Kit
- Profile a React App for Performance
- A lighter V8 · V8
Some interesting links for the Android developers out there
- Kotlin Coroutines Tutorial for Android: Getting Started
- Converting your Android Gradle scripts to Kotlin – ProAndroidDev
Some interesting links for the iOS developers out there
- SwiftUI’s ViewModifier
- Ready for Swift Package Manager? – Humi – Medium
- Atomic property wrapper in Swift · On Swift Wings
- Advanced Memory Management in Swift – Heartbeat
- How To Prepare Your App For iOS 13 – Flawless iOS – Medium
- iOS and iPadOS 13: The MacStories Review – MacStories
- Apple Buried a Detail About iPhone 11 Pro That Moves It Closer Toward a Future AR Smartglasses Product « Next Reality
Flutter is a cross platform framework, trying to cross the native mobile, web and desktop environments. My current choice for cross platform dev!
- What I Learned Developing Games from Scratch on Flutter – By av
- Flutter VS React Native — Will Flutter Kill React Native? || Crema – YouTube
Ah, UX, important and interesting!
I know, Artificial Intelligence? Machine Learning? of course this is frontend…
- Will Swift take over Python as the go to language for ML?
- Learning Machine Learning | Cloud AI | Google Cloud
This is a cool comic from google!
I know, I know, just something I am interested in…