Some neat libraries as well, a single page dungeon generator and a space visualization library
These links you MUST see!!!
- The Rise and Fall of Websites Since 1996
- New in iOS 13, in addition to brightness, you can now adjust the level of ping pong…
- Google Assistant | Google Developers
Build your own commands!
- PureCSS Lace
Wow! great job! all CSS
- One Page Dungeon by watabou
- Visual Studio Online – Web-Based IDE & Collaborative Code Editor
Cloud based dev here we come!
General topic links, they might fit in other categories, or multiple, or….
- Fifty Years Ago – Arpanet!
- GitHub – BishopFox/cyberdic: An auxiliary spellcheck dictionary that corresponds with the Bishop Fox Cybersecurity Style Guide
- No More IPv4 Addresses!
- Google to acquire Fitbit
- Fitbit buyout explained: What Google really bought for its $2.1bn
- What Is Functional Programming? — SitePoint
- Is Crispr the Next Antibiotic? – The New York Times
- Responsive Pagoda
The most powerful and extensible open source Wiki software
- Million Song Dataset
- Announcing Dart 2.6 with dart2native: Compile Dart to self-contained, native executables
- We built network isolation for 1,500 services to make Monzo more secure
- Highlights from Git 2.24 – The GitHub Blog
- GitHub – cloudson/gitql: 💊 A git query language
- Peacock – Visual Studio Marketplace
- An Illustrated Guide to Some Useful Command Line Tools – WezM.net by Wesley Moore
- GitHub – o2sh/onefetch: Git repository summary on your terminal
- When XML beats JSON: UI layouts – Instawork Engineering
- The Landscape of Cross-Platform App Development | CSS-Tricks
- Performance | Electron
- GitHub – marktext/marktext: 📝A simple and elegant markdown editor, available for Linux, macOS and Windows.
- Line Awesome — Free Beautiful Icon Font
- Spotify Design – Dialling up the joy, turning down the pain: Design Ops at Spotify
A list of good libraries, any language.
- GitHub – erebe/wstunnel: Tunneling over websocket protocol – Static binary available
- GitHub – bryanpkc/corkscrew: A tool for tunneling SSH through HTTP proxies
- GitHub – xxczaki/cashify: 💸 Lightweight currency conversion library, successor of money.js
- GitHub – niksy/x-autosuggest: Autosuggest results based on input.
- Chrome Beta 79 enables WebXR API by default, opening door to more web-based AR/VR experiences
- Introducing Concurrent Mode (Experimental) – React
- Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge – Microsoft Edge Blog
- SWR: React Hooks for Remote Data Fetching
- Wait, you’re not using <React.StrictMode>?! – NMC-TechBlog – Medium
- React State – RWieruch
- React Conf 2019 – YouTube
- How to Enable React Concurrent Mode
- React Hook Form vs. Formik: A technical and performance comparison – LogRocket Blog
- GitHub – braposo/react-text-loop: Animate words in your headings
- GitHub – wix/vscode-glean: The extension provides refactoring tools for your React codebase
- GitHub – gaearon/suspense-experimental-github-demo: Sample project built with Suspense to demonstrate render-as-you-fetch
- GRID: A simple visual cheatsheet for CSS Grid Layout
- CSS utility classes: Your library of extendable styles – LogRocket Blog
- Why Parcel Has Become My Go-To Bundler for Development | CSS-Tricks
- HTMHell – Markup from hell
- Tim Berners-Lee published a document called HTML Tags – 1991 | Web Design Museum
- A pragmatic guide to designing and building responsive web applications
- Some Things You Oughta Know When Working with Viewport Units | CSS-Tricks
A list of links around node.js
- Node.js Released With Diagnostic Reporting
- GitHub – pahen/madge: Create graphs from your CommonJS, AMD or ES6 module dependencies
- Hands-on guide: developing & deploying Node.js apps in Kubernetes
- 7 Methods for Working With Directories in NodeJS
- How to Build Your First Telegram Chatbot with Node.js — SitePoint
- GitHub – kroitor/asciichart: Nice-looking lightweight console ASCII line charts ╭┈╯ for NodeJS, browsers and terminal, no dependencies
- GitHub – jorgebucaran/getopts: Parse CLI options, better.
- Unit testing Node.js applications using Mocha, Chai, and Sinon – LogRocket Blog
- Build data-driven GitHub Badges with Node.js and OpenFaaS Cloud | OpenFaaS – Serverless Functions Made Simple
- Building a native add-on for Node.js in 2019 – Sqreen Blog
Some interesting links for the Android developers out there
- BottomNavigationView: Animating Icons – Styling Android
- Animate image rotation like a PRO – Roi Bareket – Medium
- Android Developers Blog: One Biometric API Over all Android
Links around Microservices and or SOA
- Anatomy of AWS Lambda – DEV Community 👩💻👨💻
- Create A Bookmarking Application With FaunaDB, Netlify And 11ty — Smashing Magazine
Some interesting links for the iOS developers out there
- Hacking with Swift – learn to code iPhone and iPad apps with free Swift 5.1 tutorials
- Swiftly — Swift 5.1 references for busy coders
Swift Cheat Sheet
- Apple Working with Valve on AR Smartglasses, Report Says « Next Reality
- You Cannot Submit an Electron 6 (or 7) App to the Apple Store
Flutter is a cross platform framework, trying to cross the native mobile, web and desktop environments. My current choice for cross platform dev!
- Building Flutter apps for multiple screen sizes and devices
- Animating Apps With Flutter — Smashing Magazine
Ah, UX, important and interesting!
- The Evolution of Material Design’s Text Fields – Google Design – Medium
- The problem with dropdown fields (and what you should use instead)
- The Current State of Styling Selects in 2019 | CSS-Tricks
- How to Design a Better Progressive Web App
I know, I know, just something I am interested in…